Monday, July 03, 2006

Plastic Time Capsules

Aren't cassette tapes fascinating?

I don't understand how they work. Apparently it has something to do with magnets and waves and sound and lightning can make them go blank. Several years ago I got a cassette tape caught in my casette tape player whilst playing a cassette of "Frampton Comes Alive!" that I taped off a Peter Frampton Comes Alive live concert on BBC Radio 2 in 1978 and half way through "Penny For Your Thoughts" the vocals started to sound a little strange as if Peter Frampton was singing under water or through a sieve filled with pieces of melon and all the thin black shiny tape started coming out of the cassette player at a rate of knots.

I never did get to hear "Jumping Jack Flash".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home